Structural Monitoring – Starbucks Historical Building
A building remodel project at the historic Starbucks Headquarters Building in downtown Seattle included adding a large refrigeration system with chiller units bearing on a wood floor supported by large timber joists bearing on concrete footings.
- Geodaq designed and installed an automated structural monitoring system to track floor deflections as well as rotations of the concrete basement slab below the wood floor.
- A system of PRO5 modules were installed together with high resolution displacement transducers.
- All sensors were networked using a single cable making installation quick, reliable and cost effective.
- A baseline set of readings were obtained prior to initiation of construction work and floor displacements were presented in real-time using Geodaq’s WebSoft ® application.
- Alarms were programmed to provide instant notification for exceedance of threshold floor displacement values.